Group Leader: Vera Beal
Contact No: 0161 766 9504
The Radcliffe Branch of the Mothers' Union includes the church of St. Thomas & St. John and meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month, currently at St. Thomas & St. John's (due to St. Mary's
being shut during the week), at 7.30pm.
The group is open to men as well as women and you do not need to be a parent despite what people think! While people need to become members of the Mothers' Union, it is not expected of anyone who
wishes to come to a few meetings to get a feel for what the group is about.
Here is what the Mothers' Union website has to say about themselves:
Mothers' Union is an
international Christian membership charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide.
We are working with people of all faiths and
none in 83 countries to promote stable marriage, family life and the protection of children through praying, enabling and campaigning.
Our aims and objectives
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
The Mothers’ Union
We thank you for your love so freely given to us all.
We pray for families around the world.
Bless the work of the Mothers' Union as we seek to share your love through the encouragement, strengthening and support of marriage and
Empowered by your Spirit, may we be united in prayer and worship,
and in love and service reach out as your hands across the world.
In Jesus' name.