More good news - Holy
Communion (Book of Common Prayer) will resume at 10am on Wednesday September 9th 2020 at St. Thomas and St. John.
We will follow our old pattern of
Wednesday and 3rd Wednesday of the month at St. Mary and
2nd Wednesday, 4th
Wednesday and 5th Wednesday of the month at St. Thomas and St. John
9th Sept - STSJ
16th Sept - STM
24th Sept - STSJ
7th Oct - STM
14th Oct - STSJ
21st Oct - STM
28th Oct - STSJ
4th Nov - STM
11th Nov - STSJ
18th Nov - STM
25th Nov - STSJ
As we are not using service books during Covid-19 you might like to bring a Book of Common Prayer if you have one.
PHILIP’S - Sunday services at the Centre will resume at 8.15am on Sunday September 6th.
Safety measures - The Lounge Bar area will be used for the service with no one else using this area and there will be a
‘dedicated’ loo for the sole use of worshipers.
If you are not a normal worshipper at this service, you will be welcome but as space is limited you might like to contact
Stuart Wood on 07811 163281 before setting off.
Our annual meetings,
which normally take place in April will be happening in September this year.
Sunday September 20th after the 9.30am service (approximately 10am)
ST. THOMAS & ST. JOHN WITH ST. PHILIPS
September 27th after the 11am service (approximately 11.30am).
also hope to have this meeting available online.
Following government guidance we are very pleased to announce that Sunday worship will be
restarting from 12th July although we will all need to embrace the new ways in order to keep everyone safe including a shorter simpler service.
The Standing Committee have prepared a risk assessment to help to ensure your safety, this is available via the link below.
Services will take place each Sunday
Times will be :-
08.15 St Philips
09.30am St Mary's Church
11.00 am St Thomas & St John
As a result of the risk assessment and using the guidance provided by the Church of England we will all need to follow these new instructions:
- Singing is not allowed and for the first few services there will not be any additional music.
- Our Team Vicar Elizabeth Binns will do the readings and prayers (you can send in intercession request to Elizabeth by email, phone or text).
- There will not be a service books or news sheet.
- Communion will be received by the congregation in bread alone. Elizabeth will bring communion to your pew as this reduces movement and risk.
- When you arrive at church please follow the instructions given by members of the Standing Committees or sidespeople on duty. Please do not gather to chat or
wait for friends
- You will be directed to a seat and you must remain there for the service, standing only to receive communion. Please do not touch or move the
- The number of people who can attend a service will be limited to approximately 37 at St. Mary and 54 at STSJ. People will only be able to
sit in the places indicated. People who share the same household may sit together and a limited number of family pews have been identified.
- Attendance for weddings, baptisms and funerals is limited to 30 people.
- Limited numbers may mean that some people arrive at church to find that there is not a seat for them. (A booking system may need to be introduced)
- The use of face coverings is a matter of individual choice but use of hand sanitiser is mandatory; this will be provided but it is safer if you can bring your own
for use in church.
- Please try and avoid using the toilet; if you do so you will need to follow a cleaning regime.
- There will be no kitchen facilities or social activities
- There will be no Sunday School. Children are welcome but must be supervised at all times.
- Porch parcels will not be distributed. People in need can contact the Council’s Community Hubs 0161 253 5353
- A register of attendees will be taken at every service to facilitate ‘contact tracing’ if anyone is taken ill.
- The Church of England has stated that anyone who shows any symptoms or is an at-risk group should not attend church. Please consider this
carefully. We all have a personal and collective responsibility as members of the church, PCC members and officers to follow this guidance.