Radcliffe Parish Church of St. Mary
Radcliffe Parish Churchof St. Mary

Healthy Mind & Body...

Here you can find useful groups and societies that can help you with various health needs. Please remember though that the best place to seek support first and foremost is your GP. 


One of the hardest jobs can be caring for a loved one. It's stressful and tiring and a job that's really hard to switch off from. Seeking out support for yourself, as a carer, can feel selfish but it is essential. Your loved one relies on you and needs you to be at your best, so the more support you can get, the better.


You are a carer if you:

  • Look after and support an adult or child relative, friend or neighbour due to:
    • physical or learning disability
    • physical or mental illness
    • frailness
    • substance misuse, including alcohol and drugs.
  • The person you look after would not be able to manage daily life without help.
  • You are not paid for the support you provide.

Whether you provide support for a few hours a week or 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; or for someone that lives with you or in their own home you are still a carer.


So what support is there?

  • Contact Bury MBC for a carers assessment under the Care Act 2014. To access a carers assessment, please contact the Connect and Direct Hub on 0161 253 5151.

    Please note a carers assessment is not an application for a carers allowance. If you would like to apply for a carers allowance you will need to visit the gov.uk website. If you think you might be eligable then Click here to apply

  • Contact Bury Carers Centre (also know at the Gaddum Centre). Either visit them at 9 Silver Street, Victoria Buildings, Bury, BL9 0EU, call them on 0161 763 4867 or visit their website click here The centre offers coffee mornings, relaxation classes, help and advice, day trips and special events plus much more.

Bury Cancer Support Centre:

A unique centre at 406 Bolton Road, Bury, that offers support for all those whose lives are touched by cancer - not just patients but their families and carers as well. Contact the centre on 0161 764 6609 or message them through their facebook page click here


Bury Hospice:

For those nearing the end of their lives, the centre offers support also for the families of the loved ones with counselling and a friendly ear. Bury Hospice can be found at Rochdale Old Road, Bury, BL9 7RG. Call them on 0161 725 9800 or visit their website Click here


Bealey Community Hospital

Bealey's is almost opposite the church on Dumers lane, Radcliffe, M26 2QD. It provides palliative and end of life care as well as pain management and rehabilitation. Call them on 0161 716 1555. You would need a GP referral to access this service.

Domestic Violence Support


WHAG (Women Housing Action Group)

Domestic violence floating support service.
Legal advice, housing and signposting. One to One Support, drop in groups.
Languages- Urdu and Punjabi.
0161 761 5266
Mon-Fri   8am-7pm
Sat-Sun 10am-6pm
Email: www.whag.info
email queries to walmsley.house@whag.info


WHAG outreach service for men who are experiencing domestic abuse
For support or more information
0161 761 5266
Email: whag@whag.info
Website: www.whag.info
Male DV Poster


Housing Options (homeless section)

0161 253 5537/ 5666
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm


Emergency Housing & Social Services

0161 253-6606
After 5pm & weekends


Police Domestic Violence Unit

Bury DVO Child protection vulnerable adults
0161 856 8064
7am-8pm Mon-Fri
7am-5pm Sat-Sun
Email: Bury.ppiu@gmp.police.uk

Print Print | Sitemap
© radcliffeparishchurch.com